The Money Guru

*sigh* How do you get money for that jacket AND that DVD AND your mum's birthday present AND save some money AND make some money? Well, one girl gives the answers! The only money blog 4 kids! (I think) (This is the bit where I have to say this is for entertainment only, right?)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Get a Bank Account Part 1

My blog has no readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, just in CASE anyone is reading (comment. Now. *mean look*), I will continue to blog. But no more imaginary questions, OK?
GETTING A (SPENDING) BANK ACCOUNT
Don't worry, this won't be some sickening article where I am really annoying, like a lot of sites. Instead, I will tell you the things a bank account should have. (If you want a sickening article, you can propably find them on the links: ------->)
  1. A hole in the wall. Personally, I HATE, HATE, HATE banks, because they're always so annoyingly chirpy, and asking if I want to have a talk about money. Um, no. That's why a ATM is number one priority for me. For some irritating reason, with most banks you can only get a ATM card if you're over 13, which I find ludicrous. In most banks, the reasonis parents say that they don't want they're kids to get too easy access to their money. If it's my money, I will take it out of a hole in the wall if I want too. If your account won't let you have a ATM card, you can: A) Get a different account or B) Write loads of letters to the bank, asking why can't you have a ATM card.
  2. Interest rates. You should have two accounts: No. 1 for your spending. (Hole in the wall one) and No. 2 for your savings. Usually internet accounts pay the highest rate of interest, but for your spending one, you don't want an internet one. So, look for one with loads of ATMS, and with the highest interest rate.
  3. Free gifts. It's amazing what you can get free with a bank account. Ice rink tickets, toys, wallets, alarm clocks...I'm thinking of opening a bank account and putting nothing in it, just for the free gifts!

TTYL!

MG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home